@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/earlyaccess/notosanstelugu.css); @import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/earlyaccess/nats.css);

Google Analytics

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Whose fault was it at the New Delhi Railway Station?

I was pushed onto a lady yesterday at the crowded New Delhi Railway Station. She was angry at me. I apologized and moved on. That she was angry at me felt unfair to me when it was some other guy who pushed me. 

While that looked unfair, me being angry on the guy who pushed me looked completely fair until the absurdity of the whole thing hit me. It is highly likely that the guy who pushed me did so because someone else pushed him.

In other words, while punishing the messengers for the messages is something that comes naturally to us, it is probably not the right thing to do.

3 comments:

  1. It is never anyone's fault. Consider the three cases:

    1) If "Universe is Deterministic", nobody could have avoided pushing people around. It is what was meant to happen because all the previous happenings.

    2) Nihilism: If people do not have any purpose in their life, obviously it was never their purpose to push anyone. If it was not purposefully done, it cannot be anyone's fault! It was an accident (But again "there are no accidents" :P)

    3) Theism: It was God's will that people be pushed, then how can it be people's fault!

    ReplyDelete